Saturday, June 18, 2011

Went to the Bruins "Rolling Rally" parade





The Bruins won the Stanley Cup and tradition in Boston was to celebrate by having a “Rolling Rally” parade on the duck boats.
I had never been to a parade to celebrate a Boston sports team win. But David, being a huge Bruins fan, insisted that we go. I agreed and we made plans to meet some of my friends in Boston.

We got to Boston at about 7am. The weather was cool and I wish I brought a sweatshirt. The parade didn’t start until 10am so we had a lot of waiting to do. But if order for us to get a good spot, we needed to get their nice and early.
The sun came out and it got HOT!! I wish I brought a nice cold drink but I didn’t dare lose my place because the crowd was forming. Hundred of people lined the sidewalk to catch a glimpse of the cup and team that were to pass by.

Finally, after what seemed like FOREVER, the duck boats were in view. They made their way to us and were inches away from us. I loved watching David’s face as the players he rooted for were right in front of him.

Even though I am not a Bruins fan and had no clue who any of the players were (except for Tim Thomas) I got into the whole parade. I clapped, waved and smiled big as they passed by. It was amazing.

The Stanley cup passed by us and I felt an electricity in the crowd. It was truly awesome to witness. I felt like I just saw a piece of history. David nearly jumped the roadblocks to when the cup was right in front of us.

Although we waited 3 hours for the parade to start, it was well worth it, despite that we both got major sunburns and almost past out from the heat. David kept that smile on his face the entire day. Nothing better then that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails