Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carved pumpkins

It was really hard to get back into the Halloween spirit since the snow had us home bound and unable to go to our friend’s annual Halloween party. Our costumes sadly hung from their hangers being unworn and the cookies I spent hours on went uneaten in the fridge. Having no electricity made everything difficult, boring and cold. How did the pioneers possibly survive without the internet?!





David loved gutting out the pumpkins




Carefully carving out the outline.



David and I were determined to have some kind of Halloween fun. So in the sunlight streaming in from the kitchen, we carved pumpkins.


This is what I usually look like when I'm concentrating



It’s a tradition that my family has done every Halloween and what I plan to do with my kids one day. We choice our designs and went to work.




David’s pumpkin! Isn’t this little bat adorable! I love his eyes. This was David’s first carved pumpkin. So proud of him!!

My pumpkin. This design took me FOREVER to carve out. I have been doing pumpkins like this for a few years now and wanted to challenge myself this year. I thought it came out pretty darn good!

These look great on the deck of the house! At least there will be some kind of lights going on our street.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails