Sunday, March 4, 2012

Celebrated a friends wedding shower

Unlike most women my age, I have only gone to 3 wedding showers (one being my own) in my lifetime. Sadly, that is what happens when you devote all your energy and love into just one person. But that’s a whole other topic right there!


It’s no lie that I have missed out on a lot of these events throughout the years. The two wedding showers I went to were for a neighbor and the other was my boss and his wife. So you can imagine how excited when I got the invitation for my friend’s wedding shower! I couldn’t have said “Yes” fast enough.

Her shower was simple, cute and amazing. Her bridesmaids
were attentive and classy. They kept in mind that this was the bride’s day and
not their own. Watching a bride’s maid make the bow bouquet and the maid of
honor making sure everything was perfect made me feel slightly jealous. I was
jealous that my wedding shower wasn’t like this. I was jealous that I didn’t
have a big family cheering me on. I was jealous that my bridesmaids were family
and not one was a friend. I was jealous I wasn’t a bridesmaid. I was jealous that I didn’t get a bow bouquet made for my shower. I was jealous of their new FoodSaver they got as a gift (just kidding….kind of).


But then, seeing my friend’s big smile and all the happy faces in the room made my jealousy quickly go away. I was so happy and honored to be a part of this special day with her. Looking around at the table at my other friends made me realize how great my life really is now. I was surrounded by so much love that day that even writing this makes me a bit teary eyed. I’m so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails