Friday, May 18, 2012

Became a homeowner


Today is the big day!  After weeks of stressing over the home inspection, mortgage details and getting everything packed, we finally made it. In the first time in my life, I was going to own a house. It was a great feeling.

I would love to say that the closing at the attorney’s office was eventful. That confetti was thrown and a round of applause was heard as we took the keys. But none of that happened. They process was boring and fast paced. The sellers didn’t even show up, so we never got a chance to thank them for selling their house to us. The whole thing was done in an hour.

Since David had to go back to work and we wanted to go to the house together, I had to kill some time. Which to me meant…..SHOPPING!

I headed to Walmart and went to town. I was thrilled to be buying stuff for our house! I easily wasted away the day shopping.

David wanted me to meet him at his parents’ house (or our old place) so we could both head to the house together at the same time. I was supposed to pick up the Chinese food and David was going to pick up drinks, plates and cups. But for some reason, David ended up picking up the food. Which I thought was strange since he asked me 3 times to pick up the food. The excitement of the house must have made him forgetful.

We finally got everything we needed and I followed behind his car to our new house. I was so excited to walk into the house that we get to call our own. To not be paying rent anymore. To finally have a place I can officially call home.  

The house looked perfect. Someone had tied balloons to our mailbox which was a cute touch; I thought it must have been the broker. David handed me the keys to open the door while he recorded the event. We walked into the house together.  

When I walked in, I noticed the mantel was decorated with 2 roses and a card….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails